By Elaine Ching
Volume 2 Issue 7
June 13, 2022
Image provided by Rasa Malayasia
- 1/2-pound ground sirloin
- 1 carrot (chopped small or grated)
- Small can of water chestnuts-chopped into small pieces
- Onion powder
- One teaspoon crushed garlic
- Half teaspoon relish (optional)
- Lumpia (Filipino eggroll) wraps
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground sirloin add carrots, water chestnuts onion powder, garlic, relish, salt and pepper.
- Stir/mix well; Let sit for 15 mins.
- Take one eggroll wrap, if you want smaller portions, cut wrap diagonally to make two triangles.
- Place a teaspoon size of the mixture in the middle of wrap. Fold in sides of wrap. Roll wrap up, tapping the edge with a small bit of water. The water will seal the wrap--holding it together.
- In medium size pot, add vegetable oil approximately halfway. Heat oil.
- Place 3 -4 eggrolls in oil. Cook until lightly tan, approximately 3-4 mins.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool for a minute. Cut eggroll in half. Eggroll should be fully cooked on the inside.
- Serve with sweet hot chili pepper sauce.