Ice Cream Sandwich Recipes
By Elaine Ching, Angelina Odone, and Nora Rivera
Volume 2 Issue 3
January 14, 2022
Original photography by Elaine Ching
Do you want a cold treat to go with the slightly colder temperature? Or how about just some cookies? If so, use this recipe to make your homemade ice cream sandwiches/sugar cookies.
· 3 cups powdered sugar
· 2 cups butter, softened
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 1 teaspoon almond extract
· 2 eggs
· 5 cups flour
· 2 teaspoons baking soda
· 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
· 1 container of sprinkles
· 2 tubs of ice cream (Feel free to get more or less!)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Beat the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and eggs in a large bowl. We recommend an electric mixer, but a spoon works too. After it’s all well combined and fluffy, stir in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
2. Take the dough out of the refrigerator. It might have to sit for at least 15 minutes. Then take parchment paper and lay it on a cookie sheet. Pour sprinkles into a bowl. Take small balls from the dough and roll and then flatten them. After, stick the dough in the bowl and press down, so the sprinkles stick to the dough. Next, lay it on the cookie sheet. Place each cookie about 1 inch apart. Repeat until you have desired number of cookies.
3. Bake for 4-7 minutes. Leave them to cool.
4. After they’ve cooled, take your ice cream out. Scoop out some ice cream and spread it on one cookie. The ice cream should be about one inch high. Then take another cookie and smash it on top. Repeat till you have the desired amount of ice cream sandwiches. You can either eat them right after or leave them in the freezer for a while!